First, I met the man of my dreams and fell in Love there! Yep, it's true, I first spied Mr. PPRM out the window of my second floor dorm room...my first week at school. He had on a red jacket, brown, beat-up Cowboy hat...and a girlfriend :D
Then, I met my true friends for life...all 5 of them....let me introduce them to you...Karen was my roommate...a small-town girl from Burns. And, a true blessing to my heart as I was a scared, homesick freshman (who literally went home every single weekend!). Karen, was always confident and in control! (I loved that about her!!!)
Next, there is Debbie...she was also a small town girl from Weston, Oregon. She too like myself, was very shy, quiet and reserved...although for both of us that didn't last past our freshman year. She also was the stylish one...had the cutest clothes, and always looked totally beautiful and put together!
Denice, (Debbie's roomate) came from St. Helens, but had family ties to Enterprise...she was totally a country girl...loved animals, didn't mind getting dirty, and had a fun-easy-going spirit! She didn't even panick the day her clothes all were missing!!!
Tami, the lone ranger from Alaska, just lived a couple doors down...she was always so kind, caring, and oh so very sweet. She had a true way of making others feel special!
Then, there was Deanne...a Hermiston girl (who would of thought I'd end up living the very place she grew up :D It makes me smile to think about it). Deanne was the brillant one, taking all the hard courses and setting the curves high! Plus, she was our wheels..the only one with a car...it was a little car, but somehow we all managed to squeeze inside for whatever excursion awaited us :D
Together we each discovered life on our own, outside our parent's homes and rules...we had lots of late night serious "talks" about life...and our dreams...spent lots of time eating at Taco Time...and grew friendships that will Last a lifetime and more. It's funny looking back to see how God put us all together...we all had very similiar families, background, and most of all...we all believed in God!
We are all everywhere now...and we rarely get a chance to connect in person...but, it did happen the year we all turned "40" Oops...I meant "39" :D And, it was like we were all at Eastern again sharing dorm life!!! (Here's a photo of us from then...sorry girls!!!) NO worries...I'm not identifying who's who in the pictures!!!
This picture adorns a shelf in my kitchen...each day I look at their smiling faces and my heart is warmed!
Some things have changed...Deanne has 5 kids living in the hot state of Pheonix, Denice 3 kids thriving in New Zealand, Karen 2, living in Montana, Debbie 1,(my Ione girl :D) and Tami & I..0 !(Tami is married to a Coast Guard man..and she's been everywhere...home right now is Port Orchard, Washington.) Two of us met the man of our dreams at Eastern and all of us have been married to the same person for some 21 years...others are catching up quickly! Those we thought would be career women...are Great Mama's...those we thought would be Mama's are chasing animals or traveling the world :D Some of us, never imagined we'd be living "farm" life :D Ha, ha...you know who you are :D But no matter what...where we live, or what we do...our hearts will always be filled with a deep love for one another. Miles cannot erase all that happened at Eastern....those crazy memories will always be cherished!
So whenever any "college-aged" kid tells me they are bound for college at Eastern...I just smile and tell them..."You are going to have the time of your life there...the best part of your life...and meet the person of your dreams!!!" I just Love all the blessings I found at Eastern...and it will always have a special place in my heart! Thanks girls for being one of the "best" parts of my life!!! And, thanks, Mr. PPRM for asking me to dance that night at the "Beach Party"! Sweet blessings!
7 comments:
I can't think of a better Dance Partner,
;-}
Pat
As a resident of West Dorion myself (and RA for one year) I can totally attest to all the WONDERFUL things that are a part of EOU! It was still EOSC my freshman and sophmore years :)
This post was so fun for me to read - to get a glimpse of how and where you and your MR. met :)and what wonderful ladies you have been blessed with as friends!
May you always treasure those photos of now and then ... and I hope you have the opportunity to get another chance to all be together sometime soon!
** I'd come along to take your group picture :)
Have a beautiful week and know that there are so many of us that are blessed because of you!!
I loved reading this... in fact, Jason read a bit with me. :) I, too, was a girl in the EOSC dorms... and I met the man of my dreams there!!! And... I met some incredible life long friends, too (including Lindsay!). Amazing memories (some I will cherish forever~other's I'd rather forget!) I also fell into the deepest love with Jesus in that small mountain town! Thanks for helping me remember... and I, too, find that this weather brings memories from this time. The leaves blowing and cold weather moving in. Blessings!
Awww..what a wonderful, lovely blog! How special those friendships are! I got to be an Eastern girl, for one night! My brother roomed me with a girl he said was the most trustworthy girl he would allow me to room with. i don't know her name, but she was nice! I am so glad you have such beautiful, precious friendships! And I am so glad my brother got rid of the other girl and married a "TAMMY"!!! Woo hooo!! You are the best girl he could have ever picked! I love you both so much!
What a great post! I loved reading a little of your history :)
I agree with Katie! It is so fun to get to know you through your blog!
Hi Tam. You made my week. I miss you all so much. Those years at EOSC were some of the best. It is where I made the best girlfriends ever. I miss you all more than I can say. It is truly the hardest thing about being so far away in New Zealand. The 5 of you are true blessings. At night when he stars are shining and the moon is out I know that thousands of miles away you are there in this great place called Earth and that no matter how far away you all are, we are still close because of our experiences and how we are in each others hearts and memories forever. In a round and about way it is because of Eastern that I met my hubby too. If it weren't for the exchange program EOSC had we wouldn't have met. I totally agree with all you said. Don't forget about all the pizzas and thanks Deanne for you and your little car.
Now my oldest child is at University and it has brought back oh so many memories for me and I have shared a lot of them with him. I hope that he has as many great times and makes long and lasting friends like the 6 of us did.
Thanks Tammy. Love Denice
Post a Comment