I decided to try a little change on my blog colors...that's a big step for this creature of habit :D I really am a stay-the-same kind of girl...for those of you who know me well...you know I've had those same mauve (now faded to pink) curtains for the last 16 years...Oh, did I just really admit that to the whole blogging world??? And, that I just can't seem to lose the 80's hair poof...or the country knick knacks! But, believe it or not...I have been feeling inspired lately (mostly by friends & family) that say..."Those curtains have to go"...I did try one time to get rid of them after I repainted out living room..and believe it or not Mr. PPRM said, "I don't want you to get new curtains...those ones say home to me"! Sweet as that was and is....I think I'm going to have to cave in...and try a little change in my living room!!! For over a year now (which is pretty common for me..I'm great at getting ideas, just not as good at making them turn into reality!) I've been talking about changing my living room from Vanilla to a color. And, as market season winds down, I'm getting more and more anxious to truly make that change...which means...those mauve curatins are destined to vanish...(maybe they'll end up in Pat's travel suitcase, so a little part of home will always be with him..ha, ha..). So, anyone that has some great curtain ideas, PLEASE feel free to share your advice &/or wisdom!!! Who knows maybe I'll even let go of some of those knick knacks too! Change is good right??? Change is good....I'm working on it one S-L-o-W step at a time! Sweet blessings!
P.S. To those of you who really know me well...STOP laughing it really is going to happen (one) day :D...ha, ha...Probably the same day everyone comes for dinner!!!
6 comments:
I can SO relate...no I don't have mauve curtains...I don't have any!! It takes me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to make decisions about decorating stuff! Maybe we should start a club (or a support group) :)
Mr. PPRM said, "I don't want you to get new curtains...those ones say home to me"!
Is that man talk for "don't spend any money, honey"
I am interested in the paint color!
I find I must defend myself as the comments were taken out of context, LOL...
What I said is those curtains remind me of Miss Tammy..By that I meant The warmth of the home she has created and the life we have made.
There are things I am always willing to change in my life, but my wife is perfect as is,
I don't know why, but those curtains have always said "miss Tammy" to me... It is our home I want to come to...
I am willing to see the curtains go, I just want the fell of our home to always be...
Hey there sweet sister-in-law...I normally would say Yes to the don't spend money one...but, your brother is the best...He totally doesn't care when I spend money...he just really, really likes those curtains :D Kind of makes me laugh!
I'm interested in the paint color too...ha,ha....we've had paint samples stuck to the wall for over a year. Your brother thinks we are just going to decorate the walls in paint samples instead of painting :D I'm really leaning toward a warm butterscotch type color???!? Who knows....I'm sure it's going to be at least another few months, or years, before I actually get it done...ha, ha...thanks for your sweet replies...Happy Sunday! Sweet blessings!
Love the black background!! :)
Love the fact that curtains or no curtains, or maybe a different kind of curtains... it's the inside of the home that matters most.
God has blessed you with such a gift of making each and every person you come in contact with a feeling of warmth and acceptance ... so I'm sure your home is the same way!
Enjoy the changes as they come, but know that change or no change, it's the inside that is special!
May God bless you richly as enjoy this beautiful day!
We have blinds and those little short curtains (I'm blanking out on their name) along the top on long wooden rods... I take them down around Christmas and put up our Christmas Cards instead...
I am not a curtain girl... They drive me crazy... The less dust the better!
But our little curtain things are blue with a white lace trim.. Very country!
Post a Comment