May You find Life's Sweet Blessings ALL around you every day!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

It happened....

It happened, today...at 6:30 this morning....what happened you ask....The Coat!!! I finally, had to give in and get out my carhardt coat. It was way to cold for just my usual sweatshirt....and I have to say, slipping on that coat brings instant warmth to my body. As I slipped it on, my hands automatically tucked themselves inside the pockets...and here's what I found....

* Handfuls of loose alfalfa leaves in both pockets...Mmmmm...guess I just took that coat off last Spring, hung it on it's hook, and forgot to give it a good washing!

* A baby pocket knife (I wonder why my Mr. doesn't buy me a REAL Leatherman's??? :D)

* A 5/8 needle...I know "WHAT???" Well, I can explain...it's much easier to carry a few vet supplies in my pocket then to keep running to the house in the midst of an emergency. You just never know when you might need a fresh needle.

* On the inside pocket...baling twine

* A small pair of scissors....

The minute I put my coat on this morning...reality of life ahead set in....Oh, where and what my coat will see this year I'm sure will lend itself to a few stories to be told :D

Now, I have to tell you...that baling twine came in handy tonight...I went to check the Mama cows on a pasture we rent...and sure enough two more new babies...yeahhhh...but, as I was walking the fence line I noticed a spot where the wire was pushed down pretty low...(low enough for curious, rambunctious baby calves to wander over...) And....a herd of sheep on the other side of the fence just as curious to check things out! So I pulled out my bright blue baling twine, hoisted up the fence, tied it to the post, and cut the excess string with my scissors...(because I did need to do that in about three spots). The real truth is....I'm a girl...and I tie things twice as much as needed as a precaution :D (See, Mr. PPRM...there is a valid reason for the tons of baling twine tied everywhere!!!)

So, as Fall is surrounding us in beautiful colors, cool mornings, and crisp evenings....I'm feeling warmed...and ever so thankful for that Carhardt Coat! I hope you find a few treasures in the pockets of your coats when you decide it's time to slip them on...Sweet blessings!

8 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh what a wonderful story! I hate to tell you I've been wearing my cozy Carhart most mornings!!!! But my pockets are not as well equipped as yours! I do have a box of matches... Strike anywhere matches... some scissors and a 'girly' knife would be a good addition... I also have a baby pocket knife!
This morning it was about 28 degrees. Gonna get colder!
LOVE those warm toasty pockets.. My kids like to slip their hands in them when we are at the bus stop...

We are planning on being at Pendleton Fri night but the weather is looking very scary!

And, thank you so much for your kind sweet words on my blogster... you are a sweet heart.

Shannon said...

Im hoping to find cash or a starbuck's card!

Love this line: "You never know when you'll need a fresh needle"
Um...pretty sure I have never said that before ;).

Katie said...

What a great post! Now I want to go check my pockets to see what I might find!

Lindsay said...

I grabbed my favorite black jacket yesterday & didn't put it on until last night when I headed back into town.

There were holes in one pocket, and $7 in the other. Life is good!

This post makes me smile, because I love that I know exactly what you're talking about... though most of the time I find those things in Ian & Mason's pockets... including the needles.

I'm sure I need to learn a few things from you... for now, I play "dumb" and let them do the work. I just take pictures. :)

Happy Thursday -

Sweet Blessings said...

Yeahhhh...I'm glad everyone found some great pocket treasures too!

Lindsay...keep playing that card...and only taking pictures..once they figure out you can use some of those "items"..it'll be all over for you!

Thanks for the sweet comments everyone...May God fill your hearts with Sweet blessings!

Anonymous said...

Now how could life be any better than actually knowing how to do all those things? LOL...

Sweetie, the greatest treasure in that Carhart is you,

Pat

Beneath His Wings said...

Awww...new babies? They are so cute! Well, I think you are quite ingenius! I need to stock my pockets with something ....what I don't know. We had snow here this morning! Ashley went to a youth conference in Salem so pray that God has something absolutely wonderful to share with her!

Michelle said...

I tend to find money, receipts, chapstick.... I love to put a coat on that I haven't seen for awhile. It is fun to see what will surface.

Some Beach.....Some Where....

Some Beach.....Some Where....
Oh, how I wish I was sitting on this beach in Maui again!