Yep! That's just what happened today....two Country girls went to the City!!! My college girl, Debbie (from Ione) and I went to the big city...a.k.a. the Tri-Cities. While both our husbands were away, we decided it was time for these country girls to go exploring. So, we met at 9:00 to begin our day of, what else, but SHOPPING!!! Now, Deb, she's an experienced shopping girl..just what I need...some experienced help :D Plus, she knows her way around the Tri-Cities and ALL the good shopping spots (I hate to admit this, but I rarely go there to shop...maybe a couple times a year). I'm just NOT real good at shopping...sad, but true! The trip there seemed like it took less than 5 minutes...and we hadn't even got to the real "good" stuff to talk about :D We arrived at our first stop, made sure we had each other's cell phone numbers, in case, we failed to find each other again, and Ready, Set, Go...the shopping began! I found amazingly enough 5 new pairs of pants!!! Can you believe it...??? And, I even got 15% off and saved a total of $22.00...(that NEVER happens to me :D) Maybe Deb is my good-luck charm too??? She did great too...and yeahhhhh she spent more than me...making me feel okay with my purchases (You see I really don't like spending money on myself & clothes either...crazy, I know).
Next, we decided we should head to lunch to beat the "lunch crowds".....and since our meat-eating (let me clarify that...beef ONLY, meat-eating) husbands weren't along...us girls dined at the Olive Garden! Mmmmm....it was delicious...(Note to myself:...next time order only salad so you can have a decadent dessert!!!)
Then, it was on to our next stop...Burlington's...but, as we were headed there...Deb, screams out..."Oh S... (see if you can figure out that word :D) the trunk is open"...we had put our left-overs in the cooler in the trunk, and I apparently hadn't closed it hard enough??? This caused extreme laughter from the passenger side of the car...as Deb, is frantically trying to find a place to pull-over and shut it...all along sure all our prized treasures had blown out into the traffic! Good News...all was safe & sound...and since we were by a turn-in to ShopKo why not just go there next?!?! But, apparently there is NO connecting road between Cavanaugh's and ShopKo...Okay, not exactly true...there are a couple dirt roads...we're adventuresome, let's just take one...Mmmmm....Debbie has a little VW Jetta....and she's pretty sure she can just go over the HUGE curb....Still having not regained my composure from the trunk incident...through the giggles I tell her "I don't think you should do it..." "I can make it..I'll just go really slow", "I don't think you can, you might hit the bottom of your car", "Oh, I can do it, I'm pretty sure", "what will your husband say"...."Okay, maybe I'd better just go back to the real road.... :D A few more spelled words here :D & lots of laughing... Shopko here we come....
Next, it was Burlington's....some good finds and a few more additions to my closet, and we are headed to Famous Footwear, then Fred Meyers...and finally, Starbucks!!! The perfect end to a perfect day...it felt good to go to the "City" :D To spend time with a precious friend, to laugh, talk over "Life", and just be together! Now, every time I wear one of those "new" articles of clothing, I'm sure to smile as I think about how I got them :D (and, I don't know why, but whenver a friend accidently uses the "wrong" word, it totally makes me laugh)! I hope each of you go to the "City" once in awhile and find a day of Sweet blessings!
5 comments:
This absolutely made me smile and giggle out loud picturing the trunk flying open. :)
Days like that are the best - and I pray you have many, many more!
Blessings to you this weekend - may you find rest, peace, love and JOY in all you do!
What a fun day! I think I need one of them. :)
Have a great weekend!!!
Hmmm...5 pairs of pants? That is a record for my bride. Glad it went well and I can't wait to see you model them.
Olive Garden looks like a better choice with you there,
Mr PPRM
Oh, I love the way you described your day...LOL!! Sounds perfect!
Have a good week!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment