May You find Life's Sweet Blessings ALL around you every day!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Just a tid-bit...

Happy Friday! It's been a good day here so far...It was my day to make my yearly trip to the girl doctor in Walla Walla :D (oops! Probably more info than most of you want to know :D) Anyway, it was a beautiful drive...I always go the back way past the Columbia River...the colors were absolutely amazing...today something I found very interesting caught my eye. ( Of course, I'm always scanning other people's cow herds...and their stacks of hay...ready to go for the coming Winter...and the cute little houses here and there)...but, today I noticed something different...one section of the road had pivot circle lines next to the highway...and at the end of each pipe was the American Flag...gently blowing in the breeze! At first, I just saw one, and thought WOW...somebody is sharing their faith in the USA...but, as I kept driving I kept seeing them everywhere..on the left, the right, far away in the distance. The flag was a little tattered and torn from high winds and the storms that come along...be there it was...Red, White, & Blue and shinning brightly. It made me think...do I appreciate our Country enough?? Do I stand up for this America the beautiful??? Mmmmm...it was a good reminder...we are blessed to live in this land every day...I am ever thankful for the freedom I have...and pray daily for those serving our country so that our homeland may be safe and secure. I couldn't help but offer up a prayer of Thanksgiving at that moment for the freedom we have, and the opportunity to live in a great country!

Now, for that tid-bit...you know how there's all those books out there on how to do this, or the best buys, or the answers to every question...Well, a few months ago, my Mom shared a tid-bit with me...and since I have found it ever so valuable...I'm passing it along.(And, it came from my MOM..not a book :D) It has to do with Brownies...(Mmmmm....warm, chocolate brownies are so soothing in Fall weather :D) Last night I baked a pan, so I could take some to share with my Dr. (she's had a rough year, and I wanted to give her a little cheer) Oops, there I go side-tracking again...back to the story at hand...the Tid-bit is cut your brownies with a plastic knife, and they will cut perfectly...no big globs on the knive or mis-shaped squares....just perfect, easy brownies!!! THANK YOU MOM! Even my Miss Susy was amazed (and, she is a baking guru afterall!). So, there you go...a free little tid-bit for your baking needs....I hope you each find time to enjoy a nice, warm, chocolately brownie with your family soon and think about how blessed we are to live in the USA! Sweet blessings!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I {LOVE} brownies!! and that little tid-bit is one I will remember to use often!!

And the flag waving in the breeze - beautiful! Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the small stuff ... when really, it is the HUGE stuff!!

May your weekend be full of beauty and love!!

Michelle said...

Brownies.... my favorite!

Shannon said...

huh? never would have thought of a plastic knife. Good to know.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts!!! You just bring a bog ol smile to my face!
Have a great weekend my friend!

Katie said...

Very cool tip!! Hmm, maybe I should bake up a batch to make sure it works ;)

Happy Weekend!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh what a great tip! I SO need that one!
And gosh I just love your shared thoughts on things you see, love and pray for.. I can see it all and now want to take that drive!!

So good to see you guys last night... you and Pat are just such wonderful people!!!!

hugs!

Some Beach.....Some Where....

Some Beach.....Some Where....
Oh, how I wish I was sitting on this beach in Maui again!