May You find Life's Sweet Blessings ALL around you every day!

Monday, September 08, 2008

The latest excursion.....

Saturday started out in our normal Saturday routine...the alarm went off at 4:30 and we were up and at em' and out the door headed to the Pasco Farmer's Market at 5:46...Mr. PPRM would rather it be 5:30, but somehow that never quite happens! The market was good, and Pat cooked up his usual roast so the aroma would drift through the market bringing hungry customers knocking :D It actually, does...and,...makes me hungry throughout the whole market :D So, because it's not ready, I HAVE to indulge in other things...like homemade cinnamon rolls!

On our way home from Pasco, we stopped in at Ace...because, once again my husband felt the need to drool over the Traegers there...it's been a back and forth decision between the Traeger and the Louisiana Grill...I'm not sure which is winning at the moment (but, I'm pretty sure something is going to come home with us soon?!?!) I know my man well enough, that when he starts talking and stopping to look, it's only a matter of time before it all becomes reality! So, as you know, for oh, probably a year now I've been wanting to paint my living room...I finally narrowed it down from 20 + paint chips to three....but, I could resist getting a few more (just in case) while the Mr. was looking at the grills :D One day, I really am going to get a new color on my vanilla walls :D

Next, we had to go to Rite-Aid to pick up Pat's prescriptions...Oops! Did I not add the biggest point of the day....??? Halfway through the market Pat remembers to tell me that he has to leave town today...because he's due in Olympia, Washington Sunday morning for an open house at one of his dealers. (You all know what a creature of habit I am...and I so don't like last minute news...). Plus, he was scheduled to give an Elder's meditation for Communion on Sunday...which means he needed to find someone to cover... So, once we get home, unload the freezers and put everything away...I'm on a mission to get his suitcase packed (YES!!! I do pack for him :D), and get him going so he doesn't arrive there at midnight....well, if you know my Mr...there's no hurrying him...finally, around 5:30 he calls to find someone to cover his meditation & he heads out...not to leave town, but to get the dump trailer (filled with frozen vegetables for the cows) emptied and returned to the plant....Good News...he called and apparently he and his partner had a miscommunication and the trailer was already at the property and not at the plant. (Which allowed him to keep traveling on towards his destination!)

I decided I'd head to town and rent me a good girl's flick for the night....I stopped and visited with my sister a little, rented "Fool's Gold" and headed home...I was just about to pop the movie in..when the phone rang and it was Pat...."Tam...my truck broke down...halfway between Rufus and The Dalles". A tow truck was headed to take the truck to The Dalles...and at 8:45 I head out to pick Pat up....Thank Goodness for once I hadn't already put on my cozies or my glasses :D Now that would of been a sight!!!

After I picked Pat up (smelling strongly...NO make that profusely of diesel...) we decided to get a bite to eat...plus, Pat really needed to wash up! It's only 11:00....but, guess what...all the fast food places are closed on a Saturday night by 10:00 (see how often we go out late :D) So, finally we find a Denny's...Pat washes up, we eat, and head home...because after all there are two of us and we can switch off if one gets tired....WRONG! Pat immediately fell asleep...and by Arlington I could barely keep my eyes open...so I pulled down by the park and took a little nap myself. When you are 40, parking after midnight, is so different than when you were 20...ha, ha...(I had to add that just for my college girls :D) Then, as we started back on the road Pat woke up long enough to ask if I wanted him to drive....(crazy guy...he could barely talk, let alone wake up enough to drive...) Finally, we made it home around 3:00 a.m.! So, that was our weekend excursion!

Then, we both were up and ready for Church by 9:30...somehow, Pat creates the most amazing communion meditation without even writing it out...God is Good! Praise God He kept us both safe...He provided a close place for Pat's truck to find repairs....and we got to spend Sunday together! Overall...there were many Sweet blessings!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

God is good is right!

It will be fun to keep up with the happenings of Mrs. Powder River Man.

Blessings to you this week!

Anonymous said...

Tam
To bad you didn't have your sexy night wear on. Maybe Pat wouldn't have fallen asleep. Of course it mayhave been sun up before you got home too.

Sweet Blessings said...

Tim...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts....even though they were naughty ones...ha, ha! You know I'll find a way to get you back on that one.....Happy farming!

Katie said...

Hi Miss Tami!! I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog!! YOU are such a Sweet Blessing and I am going to love reading all about your life!

Love,
Katie

Some Beach.....Some Where....

Some Beach.....Some Where....
Oh, how I wish I was sitting on this beach in Maui again!