May You find Life's Sweet Blessings ALL around you every day!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back to that....

I'm back to that post about Micro-managing a few weeks ago...Well, since I posted about my need to always micro-manage my husband...I decided I really need to spend time in prayer about just that...micro-managing...and give it to God! You know God always Has a way of answering us back :D And, that's just what he did this week....

It all started this last weekend, when as usual my husbands schedule was overflowing....This is the week he has to be in Utah again for the Powder River University trainings (which I so wish I could be at too...because it is a LOT of fun :D) And, as he is telling me about it on Friday at the Pendleton Market, he also says he is taking cattle up to McCary's to be butchered, and picking up all the meat orders to be delivered before he leaves town on Monday, plus move some cows, feed at the property, etc., etc....! I, of course, go into my immediate panic/anxiety mode...how can he get it all done so he can leave town before midnight! (I really, really don't like him driving late at night!!!) Now, here's where my prayers begin working...first, and foremost...I didn't say a word (this is HUGE for me :D) I just listened to his words, secretly trying to micro-manage a plan of how to help...and, as I was driving home, a familiar voice reminded me...I don't have to be in charge of my husband...someone else (who is much better at it) is already in control!! So, I just prayed God would remove my anxiety and that I would leave it in His Hands!
Guess what...it worked....instead of having to do it all on Monday, the butcher said Pat could bring up the cattle on Sunday night! Yeahhhh...Praise God!

So, how did the rest of Monday play out...I bet you're wondering....well...I'm thinking in my version, that Pat will pick up the meat, have it all delivered and be out of town by 6:00 (I was hoping for 2:00, but one couple wouldn't be home until 5:00)! Once again, I decided, I've prayed about it...now, I need to let God work it all out...I always pray that God will place my husband where he needs to be that day....Soon, it was 6:00, then, 7:00, then 8:00...finally, at 8:30 I hear his truck pull into the driveway. For those of you who don't know my Man well yet, it's pretty typical that his plans and mine don't match up :D ha, ha....Anyway...I'm pleased to announce that the later it got, the more I prayed, and the more peace that surrounded me....God was & is in Control! And, the final Ta-Da...Pat didn't leave last night....and I was okay with it!!! He actually got up at 4:00 this morning...and made it safely to Provo by 4:30 our time (5:30 their time) safe & sound! So...God is working on me...and He is showing me daily...He can handle all things....I just need to let go and let Him!!! (And, when I do, I am ever so excited at the magical Ta-Da moment!!!) Thanks for letting me share...Sweet blessings!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie,

Thanks for all of your help...You help me get thru each day, week and moment....Not by simply all you do but by being my soulmate....

Plus you give me so much to look forward to on the way home...The way home does begin the moment I leave your hugs,

Mr PPRM

Katie said...

Oh my goodness....how sweet!

Have a great week!

Lindsay said...

Your husband has to be one of the greatest guys... I can just tell by his heartfelt comments!

He's a lucky man :) and the best part is ... he knows it!

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

Ashley said...

(sing-songy voice)
Aunt Tammy...It's Ashley.
And I have found you!

Beneath His Wings said...

you can come and micromanage my life if you want!! Ashley still wants you to plan her wedding too, if you really get bored.

Some Beach.....Some Where....

Some Beach.....Some Where....
Oh, how I wish I was sitting on this beach in Maui again!