May You find Life's Sweet Blessings ALL around you every day!

Friday, September 12, 2008

A great day for Pat!

Okay, so everyone knows my husband tends to have Charlie Brown luck...I tell him God is just character building, but Pat thinks it's been built enough :D


Well, yesterday was a crazy day for him....I'm still in the micro-managing mode a little...and as he dropped me off to work I made sure he repeated to me the three things I had added to his to-do list... 1. Pick up kitty food at the farm store
2. Call in his prescription for his allergy spray and...3. Pick me up from work at 3:00!

He was anxious because after a month of trouble with his cell phone (NO not because I had washed it...this was a NEW phone :D) Verizon was sending him yet another phone and he had decided to go back to a Blackberry. He had to be home to sign for it, and it should arrive between 9:30 and 10:30....(Note...final arrival...1:30!!!) So, the rest of the afternoon he spent setting it all up to be insync with his laptop. For some reason, I think to call him when I get done with work...still no word on the truck...so I have my Miss Susy drop me off on her way home...(she's soooo good to me...feeding me lunch everyday, and now chauffuering me....I need to do something extra special for her :D)

Just as I walk in the door, he is calling on his truck...and NO..it's not done yet....needless to say my sweet husband was not a happy camper. So, he went back to his phone setting up, and I headed to town to do some errands....got home, washed the car, etc....and about 5:30, he says..."My truck is done"! Yeahhhhh...he was soooo happy...but, I must confess, I was a little grumpy about the whole thing...(mostly because I had already changed from that mode into a new one, that didn't include driving to The Dalles!) Poor Pat....I think I burst his happy bubble :D

Anyway, we did get his truck, grabbed a bite to eat at Burger King, and were home by 9:45! So, his crazy day turned into a great day in the end! He had his two main essentials back...his phone and his truck! Another day with sweet blessings.....May each of you have a Friday full of Sweet blessings!

P.S. In case you're wondering....the to-do list didn't get done...ha, ha!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

A great day is right... hope you have an enjoyable weekend just "being!"

Some Beach.....Some Where....

Some Beach.....Some Where....
Oh, how I wish I was sitting on this beach in Maui again!