May You find Life's Sweet Blessings ALL around you every day!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Deep roots???

Last week our Pastor's message was all about the passage in the Bible from
Luke 8:4-15 (it's the passage about soil & seeds). I Loved the message...but, it really made me think...and think alot??? What kind of seeds am I planting...where am I planting my seeds, and how am I caring for them??? It's funny, being surrounded by growers of all kinds at the Farmer's Market...I can see the fruit of their labor...they do plant their seeds in good soil, nuturing them, making sure their roots grow deep....protecting them from the storms that come, and pulling out any weeds that threaten to take control...day by day, they provide all that is needed for there seeds to flourish...and they do flourish...producing a huge harvest in the end.
So...what does that have to do with me you ask??? Well, I yearn to be a good "farmer"... that in the end my roots will be deep. I want to plant my seeds in good soil, nuture them, and protect them! As it says in Luke 8:15, "The good soil represents honest, good-hearted people who hear God's message, cling to it, and steadily produce a huge harvest." But, so much of the time, I fall short....sometimes, I do scatter my seeds on rocky soil or thorny ground....sometimes I forget to water and provide all that is needed for my seed to take off. Sometimes my roots are in shallow soil.....
The more I think about it...the more I know the answer....I must spend time in God's word to know His Will, to grow where He wants me too, for others to be able to see His fruit in me (Love, Joy, Peace, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control) The Fruits of the Spirit! The result of deep roots! That's really what I want!!! There can be nothing better than to be filled with the Fruit of His Spirit!
May you find time to grow some deep roots yourselves...Sweet blessings!

No comments:

Some Beach.....Some Where....

Some Beach.....Some Where....
Oh, how I wish I was sitting on this beach in Maui again!