Wednesday...it's here...where has this week gone....It feels like forever since I've posted...and I have some good posts just waiting for me to find time to type up :D
Today, has been absolutely a whirlwind....from the moment my feet touched the floor this morning...
I was a little lazy last night...so, this morning, I needed to get my Mr.'s things all packed as he's headed out to Idaho for the rest of the week & weekend....then, I was on a mission to find our missing plug-in cord for our meat scales...(that is still yet to be found :D)...next, I had to help Mr. PPRM get our Sweet Lily cow into the squeeze chute for a shot (definitely a story coming on Lily soon : D)....
Work was busy...happy, but busy...not to mention that for the first time in my 20 years of teaching three year olds...a little boy actually tried to pick his nose with my finger....(I know...WHAT???) Well, it was sharing day and I was sitting next to him...he had grabbed my hand, (Like they always do :D) and was holding onto it...he started squeezing it and I had just told him to be kind to me...when, I feel him pulling my hand toward his face (mind you my eyes are not on him, as I'm hosting the show & tell event)...suddenly I look down and he's trying to pull my ring finger into his little nostril...."OHHHHHHHHHH.....NOOOOOOOOO" were the words uttered very quickly..to which the whole class of three year olds begin screaming with laughter as I say "YOU MAY NOT PICK YOUR NOSE WITH MY FINGER"...& I head straight to the sink to thoroughly wash my hands with HOT, SOAPY WATER (Not, that I"m a germ phobic or anything :D)
Somehow I hear my cell phone ringing...the cute little Hawaiian music tune that signals it is my husband calling...Mmmmm...he doesn't usually call me at work??? "Tam I need a favor....the neighbor called and the cows are out at the property...I might of forgotten to tie the panel shut....do you have time to go there after work and try to get them back in???" "Okay, I'll try my best."
Back to my kids and class....the phone rings again...the same sweet music, I usually long to hear coming from my phone....however, that it has rang again during preschool means it's probably NOT a happy call. I'm right in the middle of singing Happy Birthday to one of my little ones, whose parent is in the room...so, I have no choice but to let it ring...when I finally get back to it...there's no message, just a missed call??? When I get a chance I call my sweet husband back..."I think Greg is going out to handle the cows, give him a call first." "Okay, I say again" :D.
So, after work I rush home, change from my work clothes into my "outside/feeding attire"...and my phone rings....it's Greg...he hasn't been out to the property yet...he can't get there until about 5:30.....No worries, I'm on my way....Sure enough as I pull up to the gate...I see cows, LOTS of cows...EVERYWHERE...THANKFULLY, they were NOT my Mama's and their babies...just the fat cows (those being fattened for you know what :D) ....I climb the fence....and they actually started running from me (Surprise...Not so much!) down the alley they go right into the hay stack....but, they are oh so smart...turn back down the alley and believe it or not...right back into their pen via the open panel :D YEAHHHHH....PRAISE GOD...because you know I was praying about it the whole way there!!! Now, all but two went in...so, there was a little more chasing and finally, Ta-Da!!! Next, I made sure I tied every opening possible shut with some good ol' baling twine!!! Whew!!! Cow Adventure for the day done!!!
Back home to do my chores....changing back into some "real clothes" to head to town for my preschool Mom's Night Out....a little time to craft a project, eat some goodies and just visit!!! It was a lot of fun...I SO LOVE MY PRESCHOOL Moms :D
So, that was my Wednesday...it was busy, fast, and full...and now, I am so feeling the sofa calling my name! Thankful that today, even in the midst of the whirlwind...I could feel His presence and helping hands surrounding me! Sweet blessings!
7 comments:
i am actually laughing out loud. darn it i totally forgot about the mom's night out!!!! hope all of you had fun. sounds a though you had a pretty busy day. i know the feeling of hearing your honey's ring. it's nice to get a unexpected call, but when it is mark he usually only needs/wants something from me! oh well, that's what were there for, to call when someone needs us. hope your thursday goes better and no more kids try to use YOUR finger as a picking device!! that is too funny. have a good weekend and see you on tuesday.
HI! I have come over by way of Dawna's blog..... I have no idea how I have not run into you somewhere!
You are one busy woman. Scary when we put our day on paper, huh?
I ADORED being a pre-school teacher. Now I am a fourth grade, pre-school, and tiny tot teacher (home-schooling mixed with Mommy-hood).
Where in Idaho is your hubby working? We live about an hour south east of Lewiston.
Where are you guys at?
LOL...aren't you glad when you pray, cows listen to God??
Love to hear your stories about pre-school too! They are so darling!
That finger story is hilarious and a classic!
LOVE the boog story- I'm going to remember that one for a good, long while! ROTFL. :)
As far as the cattle situation goes...I have one question. Do you have a cattle prod?
Just stopping by to say hi. I have not been able to be out and about visiting much lately. Cute story...made me laugh. Hope you have a great week.
Oh my...that is one funny story!! :)
Post a Comment