Today the vet came to visit sweet Lily again. ... He looked at her leg, and then washed it up and tried to drain some of the "gunk" out of it...a couple abscesses had finally broken loose...but, the final decision is just what we were afraid of...there's nothing else to do for Lily but keep her comfortable until she raises her calf a little more :( It turns out it is a joint infection which has probably gone into her bone. So, it will just stay swollen and drain here and there.....Although, it makes me sad...I've learned that this is just part of raising "cattle"...sometimes, things happen and there is just nothing you can do about it.
So, after the vet left today...Lily got set free again...and she's enjoying life out back eating the green grass that is popping up... & being with the other two cows. I somehow think she knows...she knows what's ahead for her...I could see it in her eyes today...when she looked at me, it was if she was saying..."just let me be". And, that's just what we'll do....let her be her, until it becomes apparent that it's too painful and hard for her...then, in my mind I like to think she'll be joining all my other girls in that place where the grass is definitely greener on the other side of the fence.
Thanks for all your sweet posts on my blog...and thanks to each of you for the sweet blessings you are to my heart! Hope each of you had a GREAT Monday....filled with lots of smiles & love....and may the rest of the week get even better! Sweet blessings!
7 comments:
poor lily! no matter the animal it breaks my heart to see one in pain. hope you and your mr have a great week and enjoy your lily while you can. see ya tomorrow.
Oh this breaks my heart...
I hope Lily has a beautiful and satisfying retirement!!! Fresh air and just being with her own could do wonders.....
sweet Lily! Continuing to pray for peace, understanding, and patience!!
Hope Pat's traveling is going well :)
Poor Lily and poor you too. Having animals is so rewarding....but can sometimes be so heartbreaking too.
Hope everything else is going well for you!
Oh so sad. She's so sweet.
I'm sorry! I hope she gets better by some miracle! What a sweetie she is!
Okay, I'm secretly freaking out about Lily right now (well, not so secretly now). I want the vet to come BACK and inject poor Lily with the miracle cure, k? And in the mean time, I am admiring your compassion for what you {do} and your heart for {how} you do it. The grass is definitely greener and that thought just makes me smile for sweet Lily :)
Post a Comment