It was another one of "those" days at the PPRM's today :D It started out great....I actually slept in until 7:45 (for some reason the older you get, the less it seems you sleep in ???!) Then, I puttered around my little Casa...the sun was shining bright, the birds chirping away, and NO wind in sight. I set the sprinklers so the lawn would feel happier too...and headed to town to get some errands done! I was so proud of myself...I even stopped at the walking trails and put in a mile!!!
When I got home, I noticed the calves all huddled around the water tank, so I decided I would just go ahead and fill the trough now. One little guy was curled up right next to the trough...enjoying the shade from the sun or so I thought...however, upon further inspection due to the hose being readjusted by another calf and now soaking him...I realized he just plain didn't feel good! Oh, NOOOOO...here we go again. Easy to fix, I think. So, I head around to push him through the calf pass (since he was already touching it...that should be a cinch!) Apparently, he didn't feel bad enough to go where I wanted him too...and, before I could turn him around he hopped right into the water trough...Great! Now, how would I ever get him out...poor guy...he was scared and unsure how he would get out himself. I tried to push him toward the side nearest the calf pass panel, all the while his legs and every part of his body trying to find a way out....finally, he does and wouldn't you know it runs as far away from me as he can get. So, next step, everyone has to get pushed into the pen...pretty easy since they are smart enough to know that when I open the panels they'll be alfalfa on the other side. Evreyone ran in, except little guy who was already curled up wanting to be left alone...I got him up and he walked right in for me...then, it was sorting everyone out...and into the squeeze chute for him. I have to say...it was the easiest I've ever had a calf go in....he just walked right in...I closed the tailgate and the rest is history. Poor little guy, he really was sick! So much, that to avoid all the fun of sorting tomorrow, I just left him and his Mama penned up out back...lucky them, they'll get to dine in style on the good stuff for a day or two!!! So, there you have it...just Another day in the life of this "cow" girl!
One more very happy note....Mr. Tim and Miss Susy came over tonight to help me permanently place my new Mr. D in operation! They are the Best!!! And, maybe, just maybe, tomorrow, I'll go get a new monitor to compliment Mr. D. :D Wish me luck..or send me your advice :D Sweet blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment